- Public Works
- Environmental Affairs
- Flood Control
The Flood Management Section is responsible for maintaining existing storm-water drainage facilities and the assurance that private development projects meet flood Control objectives and compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) guidelines. It is the primary goal of the Commission to plan and develop solutions to flooding and drainage problems along with the needs of Caddo Parish.
• Promote awareness of floodplain management issues link Caddo mitigation plan 2016
• Administer and enforce the Floodplain Ordinances for Caddo Parish Ordinances
• Address storm-water and drainage issues in new development
• Seek solutions to existing flood problems.
• Assist where possible to inquiries relating to flood control and drainage issues.
The Multi-Year Flood Hazard Identification Plan (MHIP) announcement and the FEMA Fact Sheet provide additional information about flood mapping. For a map of the 100-year floodplains in Caddo Parish, please see the 100 Year Floodplain Map.
Flood Plain Development Application
Mitigation generally is defined as actions taken to reduce or eliminate the long-term risk to life and property from hazards. Mitigation actions are designed to reduce the need for emergency response, not improve the ability to respond.
- Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Association
- High Water Marks Map
- Hydro Water Flood Warning Systems
- Caddo Parish Watershed Map
- Watershed Map Search