Culvert Permit

Culvert Requirements

If you are installing a culvert in a Parish-maintained right-of-way, you must purchase a Culvert Permit from the Parish Permit Office. This ensures that culverts placed on Parish-maintained roads are the correct size to allow water to flow at a steady pace, reducing the possibility of flooding.


Culvert Permits can be purchased at the Parish Permits Office for $10. Culvert Permits are free of charge if applied for at the same time as your 9-1-1 Address Permit.


The culverts that can be placed in Parish-maintained right-of-ways are ones approved by the Department of Transportation. The Parish recommends concrete culverts, but you can also use a metal corrugated culvert. We do not recommend plastic culverts because of lack of durability.