Build Responsibly

The Parish of Caddo has a Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance that outlines the requirements for building responsibly in a floodplain.  A Development Permit is required to build in the Parish.  If building in a flood hazard area, an elevation certificate is required.   

If you are not sure if you are building in a floodplain or not, contact the Public Works Department at (318) 226-6934.  A trained technician will locate your property and verify its location within a flood zone. The technician will also determine if it is outside incorporated areas, using the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) established by FEMA under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

The following site provides specific information when building on, filling, altering, or regrading property.

University of New Orleans Repetitive Flood Portal Construction Rules