Safe Summer-Youth Crime Prevention Programs
Caddo Parish Parks and Recreation Department, in conjunction with Caddo Parish District Attorney’s Office, Caddo Parish Sherriff’s Office and Caddo Parish Juvenile Services have joined forces to host a diverse slate of youth crime prevention program presentations this summer. Presentations will be designed for youth / teens and parent audiences. All presentations are free! For individuals who cannot attend live presentations, recorded presentations will be available to view online on the Caddo Parish Parks and Recreation or Caddo Parish District Attorney websites.
Safe Summer-Youth Crime Prevention Programs Objectives
- To reduce crimes among youth in Caddo Parish;
- To encourage responsible and accountable behavior of our youth in Caddo Parish;
- To provide positive channels of communication between youth and community institutions-such as law enforcement, government, schools, etc.; and
- To change the negative image of youth/teenagers in Caddo Parish.
Presentation topic discussions will include, but not limited to the following:
- Youth behaviors and decision-making influence (Improving police and youth contact/interactions)
- Gun Violence
- Dating Violence (Recognizing Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships)
- Strategies in preventing juvenile delinquency
- Sexting/Texting and Internet Safety*
*Families and organizations looking for additional resources on Internet Safety, especially for younger children, should visit NetSmartz from National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Online Safety Education Program.
NetSmartz provides age-appropriate videos, activities, and other resources to help teach children, parents, and educators how to be safer online. The goal is helping children to become more aware of potential online risks and empowering them to help prevent victimization by making safer choices on - and offline. NetSmartz is a critical piece of NCMEC's mission to make the internet a safer place for children in order to prevent child victimization.